Before You Climb
Staying hydrated is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Make sure you are adequately hydrated before and after your climb. Rise Nation provides water through a filtration system, so don’t forget to bring your water bottle!
In order to complete any workout regimen, your body will need adequate nutrition. It is recommended that you have a snack or small meal 1 hour to 30 minutes prior to your class.
Arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your class. Check-in at the front desk and verify your reserved climber. First-time climbers will need to sign a New Climber Waiver prior to participating in any Rise Nation classes. Check out our apparel if you need any last minute items. Head upstairs to the staging area where you will fill up your water bottle, use the bathroom, and prepare yourself for class. One of our RISE staff members will help you get set up.
If this is your first class, expect a 2-3 class acclimation phase for the body to adapt to the climbing motion. Expect fatigue in the hands and feet, but this should dissipate by class three.
Personal items can be placed in our designated storage area. You don’t have to worry about lockers because your personal items will be visible at all times. Please remember to turn cell phones off so they do not interrupt class.
A Rise Nation team member will gladly assist you in setting up your climb prior to class starting.
- Handgrips should be placed shoulder level
- Keep hands on foam hand rails or rubber hand grips
- Do not hold on to the vertical post
- Foot straps should support the foot without restricting circulation
- To maintain a shock and trauma-free motion, do not “bottom out” or impact the pedals at the end of each stroke
- Immediately discontinue this or any exercise if and discomfort, shortness or breath or dizziness occurs
- Immediately alert RISE NATION staff if you feel you might require medical attention
After Your Climb
Make yourself at home on our beautiful patio that overlooks West Hollywood and the Hollywood Hills.
We have a community table where climbers can recover, stretch, and socialize after class.